In our society, the pursuit of thinness (whether for health or physique) - has become the battle cry of seemingly every American.
- Listening to Shame. Brown B. (2012).
- The U.S. Weight Loss Market: 2014 Status Report & Forecast. Marketdata Enterprises Inc. (2014).
- 95% of all dieters will regain their lost weight in 1-5 years. Grodstein, Levine, Spencer, Colditz, & Stampfer. (1996); Neumark-Sztainer, Haines, Wall, & Eisenberg. (2007).
- Body talk and body-related co-rumination: associations with body image, eating attitudes, and psychological adjustment. Rudiger J.A., Winstead B.A. (2013)..
- A preliminary investigation of the relationship between induced rumination and state body image dissatisfaction and anxiety. Etu S.F., Gray J.J.(2010).